Glossary - Z
Zanthoxylum Americanum (Prickly Ash) Bark Extract
- Natural wound healer and pain reliever.
Zea Mays (Corn) Oil
- Rich source of Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Antioxidant and emulsifying properties.
- Used to gently exfoliate and trap heavy metal pollutants, helping to remove toxins, makeup and dirt from the skin. They are very effective desiccants, with a capacity of up to more than 25% of their weight in water.
- Used to boost the immune system at the cellular level, increases T-cells, is antibacterial, accelerates healing of wounds, essential for cell growth.
- Since zinc is important for cell division, it supports regeneration of skin. Helps to heal acne lesions and prevent recurrence of acne by reducing inflammation. It aids in wound healing and collagen synthesis as well as being a mild astringent.
- A safe and non-irritating physical sun protectant. It is a broad spectrum UVB and UVA sun screen, also used for its soothing properties.
- Aids collagenase in the process of removing old stiffened collagen fibers so new collagen can be created.
Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil
- Contains many antioxidants and is can be used to treat inflammation.